Date of opening: November 27, 1994
Characteristics of the user interface and object behaviour
The members of this phylum..
- are possessing of an "organic personality"
- can be thought of as an "extra pair of hands"
- are polite
- must be careful
- often check more than once
- exist whenever possible in our peripheral vision
- help us create the mind prosthesis call the knowledge corellator "KnowCore"
- exist in the fractures of the operating system and the gaps between monolithic applications
- are built up of pipes
- are animated when attention is merited
- have a verve, excitons driving a proactive, seeking organism
- sometimes wait until later to ask the user
- are discreet
- strive to create a serene setting
- are constantly in motion
- are trusting and trustworthy
- should be rejuvinating
- are primarily visual messengers
- can be put together using a constructor set
- could be called "feature creatures" when they remote control an application or process
- are colorful but in pastels
- are soundful but in dulcet tones
Major Object Types
YourWorld experts: knows about your preferences
SystemExpert: knows all installed apps, devices etc.